Q. Why do we need a representative in Moscow?
A. If you need to get your merchandise into Russia (Customs Union), you need to obtain either EAC Customs Union or GOST-R certification. Only a Russian legal entity representing you can apply for it as your official iagent. If you have a reliable partner or office in Russia, you are in good shape. If you do not, you need one. Why in Moscow? It can be located anywhere in the Customs Union. Yet, from the practical stand point, Moscow is the best place for efficient operation.

Q. What would you do for us as a representative in Russia?
A. We shall officially accept responsinbility for your goods before Russian authorities and apply for the necessary certificates as your representative. We may be the ones to receive the goods from the Customs and handle them as you instruct: release them to your buyer, take them to the warehouse etc. Besides that, there are many other services that we shall gladly offer you.

Q. What are the risks?
A. Should you sign with us a Consignment contract, we would handle your merchandise strictly in compliance with your official instructions. A most common scenario is that we release it to your distributor at the Customs warehouse. We, on the other hand, carry a considerable risk as we are held fully responsible for the safety and quality of your goods before Russian customers and authorities, and in case of deviations from the original products specifications we can be heavily fined, disbanded or, in case of severe consequences, even taken to civil or criminal court.

Q. What documents are we sign with you?
A. In most cases, we sign 2 documents: a general agreement for representation defining our relationship, confidentiality and responsibilities, and a consignment contract for a particular product you need certified and imported (if necessary). For each new certification project, we shall be signing a new consignment contract.







©2013 - 2014 GOST-R Agent. All rights reserved.